Asthma Level 5 module
This Asthma Level 5 module provides a comprehensive overview of asthma, and practical solutions for dealing with specific clinical issues.
It will equip you with the knowledge and skills to confidently manage asthma in many settings, and will support you to be able to make a positive impact on the quality of respiratory care in your area of practice.
The module is delivered by eLearning and validated by The Open University. Two interactive study days support your learning with a mix of informal lectures and practical sessions delivered by expert practising clinicians.
You will learn:
- Epidemiology of asthma
- Issues of managing asthma
- Special asthma situations
- Confirming the diagnosis
- Asthma action plans
- Pharmacological management
- Patient education, supported in all age groups self-care, and the role
- Non-pharmacological of health professionals management in all age groups
By the end of the Asthma Level 5 module you will be able to:
- Examine and discuss the nature and incidence
- Identify pre-disposing factors
- Appraise methods of diagnosis in different age groups
- Assess the principal affects of asthma on a patient
- Analyse the critical issues in assessing a patient with asthma
This module is delivered by blended learning, with study days to support the online course. Please note that if low numbers of students book onto this module we may cancel study days at short notice. If this is the case, students already registered will be contacted by our Student Support Team and offered alternative options.
Notional Study Time: 300 hours (including time to study learning materials, attend study days and complete case study and portfolio)
Assessment Method: 2,000 word problem solving assignment & 2,000 word case study
Study Method: eLearning (supported by 2 study days)
Duration: 6 months
No. of Credits: 30
Accrediting Institution: The Open University
Module Specification: Download
Course Information Sheet: Download
Start Date: 19/02/2018
Study Day 1: 05/03/2018 09:00, 10 Church Street, The Athenaeum, Warwick, CV34 4AB
Study Day 2: 25/06/2018 09:00, 10 Church Street, The Athenaeum, Warwick, CV34 4AB