Professional Clinical Practice for General Practice Nursing Course
Course cost: £680 (study days in Warwick)
This Professional Clinical Practice for General Practice Nursing Course is designed for newly appointed nurses, and for nurses moving from secondary care to primary care.
We aim to equip you with an understanding of how general practice works, focussing on your role in delivering health care from cradle to grave, plotted against RCGP Level 1 competencies. The course is delivered by blended learning; four interactive study days with a mix of informal lectures and practical sessions are delivered by expert practising clinicians to support the online course.
Try a ten minute taster session for this course...
You will learn about:
- Working in general practice
- Maintaining patient safety including safeguarding
- Promoting better health, and treatment room duties
- Managing long term conditions with a focus on: cardiovascular and respiratory conditions, endocrine disorder including diabetes and thyroid disorders; musculoskeletal conditions, chronic liver disease and epilepsy
- First aid, minor illness and injuries in line with RCGP Level 1 competencies
- Understanding the importance of mens and womens health
- Supporting mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
By enrolling for this Course, you are studying for a course without academic credits. If you would rather undertake the course with 60 academic credits, allowing you to include it as a module for our BSc (Hons) Degree in Long Term Conditions please enrol on the course at Level 6 instead. If you have a degree, are looking for a graduate certificate with academic credits and the possibility of APEL into a Masters in the future please choose the Graduate Certificate route.
This course is delivered by blended learning, with study days to support the online course. Please note that if low numbers of students book onto this module we may cancel study days at short notice. If this is the case, students already registered will be contacted by our Student Support Team and offered alternative options.
Assessment Method: Coursework and practice-based competency assessment. Students will need a clinical mentor to support the clinical competencies element.
Study Method: eLearning (supported by 4 study days)
Duration: 12 months
Course Information Sheet: Download